Contact Jody to Organize a Meeting
Here are just a few of my accomplishments in my 1st term…
- West 17th street drainage project: new drainage, new sewer, new water lines, new blacktop and very happy residents
- 14th street, beach to bay – new drainage, new curbs, new blacktop
- Various road and drainage improvements throughout Ocean City
- Successfully procured two much needed restroom facilities on the boardwalk
- Beach replenishment projects to widen our pristine beaches and prevent erosion
- Created and was appointed Chairman of Ocean City Parking Committee
- Removed loophole that would allow residential construction within the Boardwalk Zone
- Approved and Advocated for the expansion of our Police Department to include more officers, more resources and a new Deputy Chief
- Advocated and passed slower and safer speed limits in our alleys from 25mph to 15mph
- Advocated for and recieved traffic safety improvement to Bay Ave area across from Intermediate School
- Supported Vendor pool for City Contracts
- Introduced marketable new events to Ocean City including Dog Day at the boards
- Supported and advocated for the introduction of a summertime Jitney Service
- Advocate and support all back bay dredging and flooding mitigation projects
- Consistently attend Association meetings and events to advocate for local businesses
- Support the growing number of local sports organizations as well as OC Theatre with better fields, equipment and space.
- Protect all Ocean City neighborhoods from selfish over-development
I DO NOT SUPPORT
- Off Shore Windmill Projects
- Residential Development in the Boardwalk Zone
- Liquor Licenses
- Selling of City Property to Private Equity
Honesty, Integrity, Family
Hi, I am Jody Levchuk, your sitting Ocean City, NJ 3rd Ward Councilman. I was elected by Ocean City 3rd ward residents during the Spring of 2020 while our country experienced the unprecidented, first ALL mail-in ballot election. We worked very hard to reach Ocean CIty residents with a simple message – “Honesty, Integrity & Family.” Thanks to your support, we came out ahead.
I have been a full-time resident of Ocean City for nearly 20 years and have lived every single summer of my life here. In 1999, I graduated with a degree in Business Administration from the Seton Hall Stillman School of Business in South Orange, NJ. Together with my brother Randy, in 2001, we opened JiLLy’s Stores on the Ocean City Boardwalk & Downtown Asbury Avenue. We have also purchased several residential properties throughout Ocean City. Our thriving Ocean City business was built upon the work ethic and lessons I was taught by my parents and grandparents. They have owned and operated JiLLy’s Arcade as well as several commercial properties for over 45 years here in Ocean City. Today we are proud partners.
I volunteer on several important boards including the NJAA (New Jersey Amusement & Attractions Association) The Ocean City Jr Raiders Athletics. I am also an active member of the BMA (Boardwalk Merchants Association) as well as the Downtown Merchants Association. Furthermore, I am also the city council liasion and member of the Ocean City Planning Board.
I actively participate in community events all over Ocean City and contribute compassionate to the Humane Society as well as the Ocean City PTA.
My focus continues to be a safe and flourishing town from the beaches to the bay. I am committed to and capable of understanding and evaluating all aspects of capital planning and improvements in the City of Ocean City. I believe in the people of Ocean City and our collective abilities. Together, we can ensure a bright future.
I will continue to LISTEN TO YOU, REPRESENT YOU, COMMUNICATE WITH YOU, But most of all BE HONEST WITH YOU!
Thank you for believing in me and your continued support.
Get In Touch
Contact Jody with any questions or to organize a meeting.